There is no doubt that speed today has a big influence on your web site´s placement in Google. At the same time fast website is appreciated by the users. Reducing loading times improves the user experience, we all hate wasting time, and the next site is only a click away.
So here are a few Tips on How to Optimize WordPress get faster Websites
- Make sure you reduce the numbers of plugins on your site – if your not using it delete it!. Too many plugins can slow a WordPress website down very easily.
- Take a look at P3 Plugin Perfomance Profiler to see what plugins use the most resources
- Search engines likes images, no big secret but images can slow down load times on your site. This you can easily change by by installing WP Smush.it. Optimize your images in several lossless ways.
- WP Optimize. this plugin optimised your database and removes spam and revisions
- Test your site with various services to identify inefficiencies. Try http://www.webpagetest.org/, http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/, and http://gtmetrix.com
- Using plugins that cache your website files and database queries can considerably improve your loading times. If your not that technical, then WP Super Cache will give you great results, just by selecting all of the Recommended options.
- Enable FastCGI. Depending on your website, this can help a great deal.
At the end of the day, there are infinite ways to optimize a website. But following just these tips will make a world of difference for your WordPress Websites